Training and Experience
Your counsellor is a BACP Accredited counsellor with 10 years experience of private counselling in Bristol and an integrated approach to meeting your needs.
I have a Masters in Counselling and training in a number of therapies.
- Person Centred Therapy: letting you have the chance to reflect on your experiences of life
- Narrative Therapy: listening to the story we tell our selves about our life and how this affects how we feel.
- CBT: changing thought patterns, supporting changing the way we feel.
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, third wave CBT: which includes a view of the values we hold, mindfulness skills, and a commitment to changed behaviour.
- Training and experience in working on-line through Skype and Skype instant messaging.
In my private life
In my private life, I am a widow in early 70's with a close relationship to my three grown up children. I have spent a long time working as an alcohol counsellor, and in fundraising for charity. Previously, I have done some technical writing and some social research.
Having spent a long time in remote areas of the Yorkshire moors, I have an interest in the current environmental issues, I like growing plants and flowers. I have a son who works with and sells beautiful crystals and fossils and these add a dimension to my sense of healing in the world. (www.mirrorstonecrystals.com)
The path of development and spirituality has had many forms in my life. I am currently a Buddhist student of Dae Gak and appreciate the benefits of the mindfulness strand of counselling which is making mindfulness skills available to many who suffer from anxiety and depression.
Dae Gak website: (www.furnacemountain.org/firstgate.html)